Our Coffee House season runs from September to June.
Once a month, we present talented local musicians and featured performers in an friendly intimate setting in the Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Sooke.
The first half is an “open mic” format followed by a social break with refreshments and winding up the evening with a special feature performance.
Sooke Folk Music – Open Stage Guidelines *(adopted 2019-10)
Sign in between 630 & 730 pm – 3rd Saturday Monthly September through June.
- Each month an open stage precedes the feature performance. Free entry is reserved for open stage performers.
- Plan to stay and listen to others play. The free entry is set with this expectation.
- All open stage performances are limited to 10 minutes including “talk time”.
- Performers can only play consecutive months if there are not enough musicians to fill the evening’s open stage time.
- Priority is given to out-of-town visitors and first-time performers. This can be indicated on the open-stage sign-in sheet.
- This is a live music venue – with sound amplification equipment provided by SFMS. No digital soundtracks are supported at the venue.
- Consider including a chorus song in your set – especially one that is well-known. Our audience loves to sing along.
- The Sooke Folk Music Society gives priority to open stage artists in making decisions regarding our paid monthly feature performances. If you would like to be considered as a feature performer, please indicate this on the open stage sign-in sheet. Related decisions are made annually by the SFMS board.
- Have fun, meet new people, and become a regular! If you would like feedback on your performance, feel free to ask the host.
Location: Holy Trinity Anglican Church, 1962 Murray Road, Sooke, BC